A Sex Offense Conviction Is No Joke. If You Are Facing Charges, You Need Aggressive Legal Representation
If you’ve been charged with a sex crime, contacting an experienced criminal defense attorney should be a top priority. As a defense attorney serving New York City and the five boroughs, the firm’s founder, John Buza has successfully handled thousands of cases for my clients in both state and federal court. Mr. Buza has also worked as a prosecutor in the New York County District Attorney’s Office, which gives him unique insight into the DA’s strategy for prosecuting sex crime cases.
Don’t waste any more time; you’re going to need a proven attorney who can build a strong defense on your behalf. Call 212-349-2200 today to schedule a free case consultation!
Defense Against All Types Of Sex Crime Charges In New York
A sex crime is a violent criminal offense that carries serious consequences, including a long prison sentence; this is why the experience and dedication of a criminal defense attorney are invaluable. Over the span of Mr. Buza’s career as a defense attorney, he has aggressively fought to keep clients out of jail or have their charges are dropped.
He has defended against charges including but not limited to:
- Indecent exposure: Up to 15 days in prison and a fine up to $250; public lewdness is punishable by up to three months in prison and up to $500.
- Sexual assault: Class A-II felony; it is punishable by a minimum of 10-25 years in prison or up to life.
- Child pornography: Possession of child pornography is punishable by up to four years in prison; facilitating child pornography is punishable by up to 15 years in prison; facilitating by using alcohol or controlled substance on a child is punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
- Rapes: They are charged as felonies in various degrees depending on the severity and whether or not the victim was a child. The maximum penalty includes 25 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.
- Statutory rape: Rape charges are more severe if the victim is a minor.
- Prostitution: It is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to three months in jail and a fine of up to $500. Penalties increase if the crime took place in a school zone or involved patronizing a child prostitute.
Being found guilty of a sex crime can negatively impact the rest of your life and that of your family. If you are convicted of this type of crime, you will be considered a sex offender by the state, and your name will be added to state and federal sex offender registries.
Get The Help You Need To Fight Charges Of Rape, Assault Or Prostitution
John P. Buza has handled a wide range of criminal defense matters. He is a nationally recognized trial attorney who knows what it takes to bring a case to a successful conclusion. Work with a lawyer who can fight for you and your future.
Call 212-349-2200 or fill out an online contact form for a free consultation at the Law Office of John Buza, P.C. An attorney is available 24/7 for arraignments.