Trial-Tested Attorneys Fighting Sex Offense Charges
If you’ve been charged with a sex crime, contacting an experienced criminal defense attorney should be a top priority. At Konta Georges & Buza P.C., our award-winning lawyers represent residents in all five boroughs of New York City. Our firm’s partners have successfully handled thousands of cases for our clients in both state and federal courts.
Each of our attorneys is trial-tested, having worked as prosecutors and as a public defender. Using this unique insight, they are able to anticipate the DA’s strategy for prosecuting sex crime cases and minimize the impact this criminal matter has on your life.
Don’t waste any more time; you’re going to need a proven attorney who can build a strong defense on your behalf. Call 212-710-5166 today to schedule a free case consultation!
Defense Against All Types Of Sex Crime Charges In New York
A sex crime is a violent criminal offense that carries serious consequences, including a long prison sentence; this is why the experience and dedication of a criminal defense attorney are invaluable. As your advocate, we will move aggressively to keep you out of jail or have your charges dropped.
Our lawyers have defended against charges, including but not limited to:
- Indecent exposure: Up to 15 days in prison and a fine of up to $250; public lewdness is punishable by up to three months in prison and up to $500.
- Sexual assault: Class A-II felony; it is punishable by a minimum of 10-25 years in prison or up to life.
- Child pornography: Possession of child pornography is punishable by up to four years in prison; facilitating child pornography is punishable by up to 15 years in prison; facilitating by using alcohol or controlled substance on a child is punishable by up to 25 years in prison.
- Rapes: They are charged as felonies in various degrees depending on the severity and whether or not the victim was a child. The maximum penalty includes 25 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.
- Statutory rape: Rape charges are more severe if the victim is a minor.
- Prostitution: It is a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to three months in jail and a fine of up to $500. Penalties increase if the crime took place in a school zone or involved in patronizing a child prostitute.
Being found guilty of a sex crime can negatively affect the rest of your life and that of your family. If you are convicted of this type of crime, you will be considered a sex offender by the state, and your name will be added to state and federal sex offender registries.
Get The Help You Need To Combat Charges Of Rape, Assault Or Prostitution
All of our attorneys are nationally recognized litigators who know what it takes to bring a case to a successful conclusion. Work with a lawyer who can fight for you and your future.